I’m afraid tomorrow might be one of the longest days of my life. We’ve got a 2 hour drive to the airport, an hour and a half long flight, a 5 hour layover, and then another 4 hours in the air to finish it off. That’s 14+ hours of traveling. Mind you, with a 15 month old! Good news is- that when it’s all said and done, we will be in Hawaii! I just hope we survive the getting there part. I decided it would be wise to gather some items to keep Jayna baby busy. This is what I’ve come up with:
- board books – about planes, the beach, and kittens (her current favorite animal)
- magna doodle – found a cheap little one for $3
- snacks – teddy grahams are a must
- pipe cleaners – we will see how creative we can get with these
- crayons and mini notepad – for scribbling
- toy car
- finger puppets – Old MacDonald and This Little Piggy
- her baby – she’s got to have someone to take care of too!
In addition, we are taking our Kindle Fire (an early Christmas present!) so we can play preschool apps and watch Elmo. I hope this is enough variety to keep her occupied! And instead of throwing all this stuff into my purse, I made a super CUTE backpack for her to tote around. It is the perfect size for her and all her little activities. Thank you Rae Hoekstra for providing the downloadable pattern that I used to make it!!
Wish us luck!