The Mr. and I have a hot date tonight!! Woot woot! We’re leaving the curly haired babe and her sitter with this pink chocolate covered popcorn. Jayna will like it because it’s pink, but that actually has little significance. It’s all about the chocolate.
- 2 bags of Orville Redenbacher’s Tender White Microwave Popcorn
- 1 cup Nestle White Morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- a couple drops of red food coloring
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Pop the popcorn according to directions found on package.
- Once done, pour it onto the baking sheet and pick out all the kernels.
- Microwave the morsels and shortening in an uncovered microwave safe bowl on 70% power for 1 minute. Stir and heat for another 15 seconds. Stir again and continue heating in 15 second intervals until morsels are melted.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the melted chocolate and stir. Pour over popcorn, and use a spoon to mix the popcorn together, spreading the chocolate.
- Let the chocolate set by refrigerating for 15-20 minutes or simply let it sit out for about 45 minutes.