Mmmm…peach cobbler! Coupled with a scoop or three of ice cream, it is a family favorite. A bit of a messy dish, but then again, anytime kids are involved you can count on a good mess!
The day we made this, I happened to be feeling particularly patient so I invited the little one to join in. While I do look forward to the day Jayna is more of a help than a hindrance in the kitchen, I sure enjoy her company now! Her lightheartedness and imagination dispel the frustration she sometimes causes. Don’t let that photo fool you!
With filling steeped upon the edges and it’s nonuniform biscuits, peach cobbler is definitely not the most tidy looking dish, now is it?! In fact, it can be quite messy if you don’t get just the right amount of filling as it can easily bubble over and into your oven as it bakes! And if you’re anything like me, that spilled filling stays there months or more until you get around to running the self-clean cycle. If the cycle didn’t take three hours, I’d probably run it a lot more often!
I need one of those LG EasyClean™ Double Oven Ranges! Have you heard of them? They provide a quick and easy way to clean your oven while still being able to use the conventional self-clean method. EasyClean works in three simple steps: spray the oven interior with water, press the EasyClean button, then in just 20 minutes, wipe away any residual bits of grime*. No chemicals or high heat needed to keep your oven sparkling clean. Now that’s my kind of oven cleaning! Less clean-up time equals more family time! *Heavy build-up may require additional manual effort or use of the full self-clean feature. To learn more about LG EasyClean click here.
- 6 cups canned peaches, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1⅔ cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3½ tablespoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ⅔ cup heavy cream, plus a little more for brushing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2½-quart baking dish. In a medium bowl, stir together the peaches, sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, lemon juice, and pinch of salt. Pour into the prepared dish; set aside.
- For the topping, in a large bowl, whisk together the 1⅔ cups flour, sugar, baking powder, and ⅛ t salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Slowly add the ⅔ cup cream, mixing until the dough just comes together. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until it sticks together. Roll dough out so it's ½ inch high and use a cup to cut pieces.
- Evenly arrange the dough rounds on top of the filling. Brush a little cream over the rounds. Bake about 1 hour or until the biscuits are golden and the filling is bubbling.
What is YOUR favorite recipe that leaves your oven messy? Comment telling me and you’ll be entered to win a LG EasyClean™ Double Oven Range!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
BlogHer will pool entries from participating blogs and select a sweepstakes winner at random and will contact the winner with details about fulfilling the prize.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/22/13 – 7/15/13.