I don’t remember past summers being so busy! It seems as though we are always on the go these days, which means we are often out of the house during snack and lunch time, which also means I have to plan ahead if I want to feed the kiddos something nutritious. I finally made a list of on-the-go snack ideas and put together a snack bin to make things a bit easier. Perhaps this will be helpful to you too! Among my kids’ favorite snacks right now are these Del Monte Fruit and Veggie Squeezers. They like them because they are fun to eat and they taste good. I like them because they are healthy – 1 1/2 servings of fruits and veggies in each one, plus they have no high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors. I also love their portability; they’re the perfect accompaniment to our play dates at the park! Okay, and I also think they taste pretty good! The fruit and veggie variety comes in 3 different flavors: Blueberry, Apple Cinnamon, and Peach Mango while the fruit only squeezers are Mixed Berry flavor or Strawberry. Check them out at your local grocery store next time you go shopping! So what else do we have in our on-the-go snack bin? Here is a list of 15 healthy things I rotate in and out as my kids (and I) eat them:
- plastic fruit cups (if you haven’t tried Del Monte’s Pineapple Coconut flavor, you’re missing out!)
- dried apples
- whole grain crackers (we like Triscuits)
- nuts (pistachios are a current favorite of ours!)
- peanut butter (I scoop a few tablespoons into small containers, great for dipping!)
- fruit leather
- granola bars
- trail mix
- freeze dried fruit (strawberries, bananas, mangoes, etc)
- mini muffins
I divide the items that I buy in bulk into single serving portions and place them in small plastic baggies. The great thing about our on-the-go snack bin is that when things slow down in the Fall and we are at home more, it will become our self-serve snack bin. Jayna says she’s hungry, I tell her to go grab a snack! For more snack idea inspiration, check out my Snack and Lunch Ideas for the Kiddos board on Pinterest.
If you share a photo of your kids’ favorite Del Monte Squeeze or Spoon snack on the Del Monte Facebook page here between August 1st and September 1st, you could win one of two $10,000 GRAND PRIZES for your kids’ school!
Last but not least, who wants to win a $100 Visa gift card!? That will buy you plenty of snacks for your on-the-go bin! For a chance to win, comment and tell me, do your kids prefer to Squeeze or Spoon?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/1-9/19.
Be sure to visit the Del Monte Brand Page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!