Thank you BISSELL for sponsoring today’s post on holiday entertaining prep!
Christmas is only 6 days away, is your home ready for holiday entertaining? If not, there’s still time for a little deep cleaning. I’ve got plans to finish cleaning my carpet with the BISSELL ProHeat 2X® Premier 47A23 Upright Deep Cleaner as well as disinfecting and sanitizing my bathrooms! Those two things are top priority this weekend since we all just got over the flu. And if I have the time and energy, I’ll try to cross off a few more things on my list of “What to Deep Clean for the Holidays!” Perhaps you might find my list helpful too!
What to Deep Clean for the Holidays
- Carpets – It’s recommended that you deep clean carpets at least twice a year if you have pets and/or small children. This will help prolong the life of your carpet. Doing it yourself, with your own carpet cleaner is an economical option. While it may be a bit more work on your part, it will save you a lot of money in the long run. BISSELL recently provided me with the ProHeat 2X® Premier 47A23 Upright Deep Cleaner as well as the 2X Professional Deep Cleaning Formula with Scotchgard Protector. It was easy to put together and a cinch to operate. My home is well on it’s way to being ready for company with clean carpet!Notice that brown water in the tank! My carpets needed a good, deep clean! 2 more rooms to go!
- Refrigerator– You’re likely going to be storing extra food during the holidays, especially if you are hosting guests. Make sure you have plenty of room by cleaning your fridge out and organizing it.
- Oven – You’ll be cooking that food too! Place a small dish of ammonia in your oven overnight and the stuck on food and spills will wipe off easily in the morning!
- Bathrooms – Start with the hardest task, the shower and tub. Once those are out of the way, you’ll feel empowered to clean the easier things.
- Linen Closet – Make sure your extra linens are nice and fresh. If they’ve been stored in a closet for months, they may have a musty smell.
Those are the things I would definitely suggest deep cleaning before the holidays! Hope you enjoy this wonderful time of year! Happy Holidays!! Click here for a little gift from BISSELL in the form of a coupon!