Last time I was at the library, I checked out The Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook. Upon flipping through it’s delicious laden pages, I spotted this giant cookie in-a-pan. It spoke to me.
So I picked up some Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter M&M’s and put my cast iron skillet to work.
I recommend waiting until it’s completely cooled before devouring. Pair it with a glass of milk for a perfectly satisfying dessert!
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Assorted M&M’s or sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat both sugars and the butter until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir well with a wooden spoon. The dough will be stiff. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray. Pat the cookie dough evenly into the skillet and decorate the surface with M&M’s or sprinkles. Bake until the edges are lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Cut the cookie into 16 wedges and serve it directly from the skillet using a pie server.