Thrift finds, mini, and cheesecake are a few of my favorite things. Put them together…and you have yourself a very satisfying dessert! I picked these cute (everything’s cuter on a smaller scale, am I right?) little trifle dishes up at the thrift store for just fifty cents a piece a few months ago and they have now made their debut – filled with layers of raspberry cheesecake!
And to convey my undying love for the Mr., I very carefully used a cookie cutter to stencil a heart to the top of his. Afterwards I ran a knife around the edge to clean it up. Worked pretty slick!
While these trifles may take a little finesse and time, they are so well worth it! Give ‘em a try! I dare you.
- 1 package graham crackers, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 c whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can of your favorite berry pie filling
- Place graham crackers in a Ziplock bag and seal. Use a rolling pin to crush until fine. Pour into a small bowl.
- Add melted butter and sugar. Stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Layer the graham cracker crumbs, cream cheese mixture and berry topping in 4 miniature trifle dishes. Repeat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Linking up to I’m Lovin’ It at Tidy Mom again this week!